Neurophysiology of Movement Lab
· PhD. Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado (In progress)
· M.Sc. Physiology & Biophysics, Dalhousie University , Canada (2010-2012)
· Qualifying Graduate Studies, Dalhousie University, Canada (2009-2010)
· B.Sc, Physical Therapy and Medical Rehabilitation Science, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia (2002- 2007)
· Dingle R, O’Leary T, Almuklass A, Gunn R, Yu Z, Wang J, Brown R, Peripheral Hearing Loss in the 5xFAD mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease (In press).
· Shou-huan H, Almuklass A, Wang J, Xiao-jie, The Effect of Sound Intensity On Temporal Resolution of Neurons in Inferior Colliculus. Chines Journal Of Otology 2013, 11(4):591-595
· Liu L, Wang H, Shi L, Almuklass A, He T, et al. (2012) Silent Damage of Noise on Cochlear Afferent Innervation in Guinea Pigs and the Impact on Temporal Processing. PLoS ONE 7(11): e49550. doi:10.1371/journal.pone. 0049550. * (equally contributed as a first author)
· Almuklass A, Aiken S, Wang J. The Functional and Morphological Changes by Noise Without Causing Hearing Loss: A Comparison Between Mice and Guinea Pigs. The 2012 MidWinter Meeting of Association for Research in Otolaryngology, San Diego, Calfornia, USA, Feb 25-29, 2012.
· Liu L,Shi L,Fu A, Almuklass A, Aiken S,Wang J. Evaluation of Cochlear Temporal Acuity by Using Time-Stressed Stimuli. The 2012 MidWinter Meeting of Association for Research in Otolaryngology, San Diego, Calfornia, USA, Feb 25-29, 2012.
· Amiridis IG, Mani D, Almuklass A, Gould JR, Matkowski B, Enoka RM. Modulation of motor unit activity in biceps brachii in response to neuromuscular electrical stimulation applied to the contralateral arm. European College of Sport Science, Amsterdam, 2014.
· PhD degree Scholarship in Integrative Physiology at University of Colorado at Boulder, from King Saud bin Abdulaziz University Scholarship program (2013-2016).
· M.Sc degree Scholarship in Physiology at Dalhousie University from King Saud bin Abdulaziz University Scholarship program (2010-2012).
Relevant Work Experience:
· Teaching Assistant, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Dalhousie University, Canada (2010-2011).
· Teaching Assistant, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, at King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Science (2008-2009).
· 108 Continuing Medical Education Credits (2005- 2009).
· Patient care as a Physiotherapist (2007-2008).
· Associate member of The Association for Research in Otolaryngology (2011-2012).
· Active member in the Saudi Physiotherapy Association (2005- 2008).
· Active member in the Saudi Sports Medicine Association (2005- 2008).